Wow!! Where did the time fly – what an amazing year with some equally amazing students.
As we look back over 2016 many memories come back to mind such as:
- our Twilight Sports in term 1
- our outing to Hi – Sense Arena – Gymnastics
- ‘Hands on Science’ incursion on ‘Pulleys and Levers’ -Science
- our amazing school concert “Somewhere In The Autumn Mist”
- our recent trip to C.E.R.E.S. environmental Park
- excursion to Channel 7 Studios Melbourne
- International Celebrations Expo
- our recent and most fantastic presentations on ‘Environmental Sustainability’ -They were wonderful to behold.
- our many plays and stories
It has been an honour and a privilege to have taught these children in 2015 and I wish all of you a very happy and safe Christmas. May you have fabulous New Year and a fun time with your families; God bless you all.
Over the last few weeks our class has been researching a range of global environmental issues and have begun presenting their findings and actions.
Topics have included Destruction of Habitat – Pollution – Global Warming and Poaching.
Some amazing presentations from our students also included a number of actions such as making posters for wildlife, raising money to support the Melbourne Zoo and collecting blankets for animals in shelters.
We have also looked at simple ways to save energy both at home and school.
The children wanted to take actions that promoted biodiversity in our world as well as sustainable living practices.
It was very heart warming and moving to realise how conscious our students are of the need to take action so in some way they can help make our world a better place for all.
They particularly want to save animals and plants from becoming extinct such as our little friend below – the Eastern Barred Bandicoot