WONDERFUL SCIENCE – HELPING US THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES

On Thursday  the Middles had one of our mums -Mrs.Mac Mahon – come into our classroom and discuss how science has helped us not only understand our world better but use a range of skills and materials to create or invent things that assist us in the home, on the road, in the air and beyond our world – from Rockets to Range – Rovers science has been at the forefront of thinking and solving problems.

On this day we looked at the humble walking stick from its early origins as a piece of wood found lying on the ground to the modern day alloyed – multi- adjustable rubber stopped walking stick.

We investigated how there was a need for this device and how it has evolved over time through an understanding of bio mechanics and material properties.

Most informative and most grateful to our presenter. The students gained a deeper insight into the process of  design and how ‘necessity truly is the mother of invention’

IMG_8328 IMG_8325 IMG_8351IMG_8332

2 thoughts on “WONDERFUL SCIENCE – HELPING US THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES”

1. Hi Middle C – Dad was thinking about getting my Grandma a walking stick flexi-foot for Mothers day!

2. I was very impressed with how well everyone listened to my presentation and the excellent questions that were asked. I can see there are some budding inventors in the class. Thank you for the invitation to visit MC and MV. Maureen